I could use some prayer tomorrow morning.

georgialee

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Knoxville, TN
One of the things I love about BYC is how supportive everyone is. Unfortunately, now I'm the one who needs it.

I'm having back surgery tomorrow to cut away the part of a ruptured disc that is impinging on a nerve. It's a pretty 'easy' surgery
and only takes about 45 minutes at an outpatient clinic. It still scares me though because they have to move the nerve to get to the disc so there's a small chance of being paralyzed and other scary things.

I came to Philly to have the surgery with a good doc. My moms here with me while my husband and two boys are visiting his parents. I haven't ever been away from them for more than a night and I still have 9 days to go (Its already been 6 days).

On top of that I have strict orders not to do anything but walking for the next 6 weeks. We live on a farm -- many of you know the endless work that goes into it so 6 weeks 'off' with all that work resting on DHs shoulders is sad for me.

The cherry on top is that we're moving the week I get home.

If y'all would pray for me -- especially that the surgery goes well -- I would appreciate it greatly.

~Georgia

Done!
hugs.gif

I pray your surgery goes well, and that you find the courage to do nothing but walk.
Please give your back the time it needs to heal.

hugs.gif

My prayers goes out to you !!!
hugs.gif

My husband had similar surgery about 8 years ago....Ruptured disc repaired....

They had him up and walking 2 hours later......

then the physical therapist came in and asked .... Do you have any stairs at home to deal with ?

He said .... 'sure do, all the bedrooms and only bathroom are upstairs'

She said....then lets go do some stairs ! so, three hours after surgery he was walking a flight of stairs at the hospital.

It did take all of 6 weeks to regain normalcy...but now besides the ocassional rare 'bad back' day he is as good as new
smile.png

Will be thinking good thoughts for you.

And then good thoughts for you and DH when you are on "walk" only instructions - I know how hard that will be, but stick to it.
hugs.gif

Remember - walk only does not mean walk and carry a feed bucket - it means walking empty handed!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom