I cracked an egg....

Singlemaple

Songster
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
Merrimack NH
today is lock down and i had to move my incubator and the egg cracked....

right at the air sac but i damaged the membrane a little bit.. the chick is still moving will it still hatch or should i give up hope?

please help

is there anything i can do for the egg?? the chick still moves but it is only day 18.... first day on lock down my incubator is running 99.5-100.5 and the humidity is raising right now it is 55% and going up

is there anything i can do for the egg?? the chick still moves but it is only day 18.... first day on lock down my incubator is running 99.5-100.5 and the humidity is raising right now it is 55% and going up

I would try laying a damp paper towel over it and keep your humidity up to around 70%. Got to keep it from drying out. Might be a chance.

I had that happen to me one of my 1st tries hatching eggs. Dropped the lid & racked 3 eggs. About the same day as yours but mine were not as badly damaged. I placed some scotch tape over the cracks. Everyone thought I was nuts, including a very experienced friend. Well, 2 of the 3 cracked eggs hatched just fine. One I had to help as the tape was blocking his way. I let it pip and zip as much as it could but then kinda pulled the shell apart to help him get out. Both had no problems and grew into normal chickens. The 3rd one pipped but I didn't help it escape and it died. I think just couldn't get out and I felt bad! ;-(

Back
Top Bottom