I cut off my chick's toe with a scissors...

Matilda Belle

Crowing
May 16, 2018
SE Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
Trying to fix splay leg with adhesive tape. The whole time I kept reminding myself how terrible I am with sharp objects. Finished up thinking everything went smoothly, put chick back in the brooder, and then I notice a little blood. I cut the poor babies' toe off!! :( I put a bandage over the entire foot to stop the bleeding and prevent infection. Do you think it will be okay?

Trying to fix splay leg with adhesive tape. The whole time I kept reminding myself how terrible I am with sharp objects. Finished up thinking everything went smoothly, put chick back in the brooder, and then I notice a little blood. I cut the poor babies' toe off!! :( I put a bandage over the entire foot to stop the bleeding and prevent infection. Do you think it will be okay?

My friend accidentally shut the pen on her chickens toe...we were like 10yrs old and we just left it (didn't want to get in trouble, and chicken seemed fine) looking back, that was kinda horrible to do.
Anyway, it was fine. Just had one shorter toe and no nail. It must have stopped bleeding on it's own and apparently never got an infection. It was still alive when we finished high school

Back
Top Bottom