I did a stupid thing! Any help?

Hi Justusnak,
I just sent you an e-mail and thank you for your inquiry. I may have a couple rooster Cocoa and Ben if you are interested and my flock will be saved! They are pure polish and a real hoot! I'm trying to post a few pictures of them. Thank you all for your help and support, you are all wonderful. I have cried over these pets of mine and you have brought me hope, and truelly lifted my heavy heart, THANK YOU SO MUCH ALL!

CocoainJan.jpg

Cocoacloseup.jpg

Bencloseup.jpg

Ben01-27-07.jpg

Just a thought . . . Have you thought of trying to "change city hall"? I know it may be a long shot, but many cities allow chickens in town, though not always roosters. I live in a town of 110,000 people on a 6400 sf lot (most of it in the front) and am allowed by city code to have 4 pets. Chickens. but not roosters, are specifically allowed in that count. Most of the cities in our county allow chickens and you know how crowded Southern California can be.

I realize that it isn't always possible to influence change, but having done so within my own city in a non chicken related situation, I do know that if you come in prepared and make your case in a logical and non emotional way, they'll at least give you a chance to speak your mind.

Another thought, some cities make allowances for kids involved on 4-H.

I wish you good luck, whether you choose to fight for your chickens or to send them to a new loving home. Hugs!

I just wanted to thank all of the great people here at Backyard Chickens!
big_smile.png

I posted this message last month and I had some problems, but all of my roosters and hens went to the best homes and they have been rescued!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

If it wasn't for this site I would not have met some of the kindest and most understanding people that I have ever met! There is such a good base of knowledge and help here, and in this global world that we live in, it is so good to find helpful, kind, understanding, people of action. I will highly recommend this site to all of my friends that have chickens, and thank you all from the bottom of my heart and to the members who tool my little flock pets, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
You are absolutely the best!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

yhwh-nissi

yhwh-nissi Perry. Ben is doing great!! I think he is FINALLY settled in here. He seems to love his new coop...altho he is still being a litle stinker through the fence...but when I get in there with him, he is fine. Thanks again....rest assured...he is safe, and happy.

Back
Top Bottom