I did something nice last nite.

well i terminate my predators but,,its true possums, carry rabies, and all kids of things, and arent the prettist ether im just saying.

nevermind

I knew ther was some reason I don't eat possum, and there it is.

Yes, and it's heart breaking to see a horse in the later stages of this. They can't even walk, but their mind is clear so they keep trying. Terrible!​

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly! The possums (and crows) around here know that there is always a bowl of tasty cat food on the outside kitchen window sill....why would they want to work when they can dine on meow mix? Same goes for the bobcat hybrid that visits. He goes straight to the bowl whenever he shows up. Heck, if they really want to dine well they can go to border collie's bowl...he gets the premium stuff with canned food, scraps, and bacon grease added to try and keep his weight up. He's too busy being hyper to eat his food.
roll.png

Yeah, I do predator disposal for the possums and coons I catch roaming the chicken cages. I trap and dispose those unlucky enough to get caught in the live traps that are against the coops. I prefer not to give others my problems. But, if that is what one chooses to do, that is just fine as all situations are different.

I've only has problems with the possums with chicks and eggs because they sleep ground level and are easy to get to, adults and older chicks sleep up high so possums don't get them. I find possums are out for an easy meal, while coons will get everything.

They have never messed with my chickens either but then again my birds are locked up at night, I just got one in my live trap the other day, we relocate them as well.

In all reality, they will probably get wacked by a on coming car before the make it back to mine or your house!

They mostly just come on my pourch and chow the cat food, and get into the trash gets really irritating.

From what I understand these buggers were BROUGHT here by people who wanted to HUNT them.

Check out this link, I am now rethinking relocating them! If they will help me with my rats and are not killing my birds, I would LOVE for them to take care of my darn rat issue!
http://www.opossumsocietyus.org/opossum.html

I almost feel bad now...
Is there any REAL proof that birds have been taken by these animals?

I can't say I love the critters, anything that looks like a giant rat isn't on my favorite animal list. I ran one out of the yard the other day. The danged thing was so fat it could hardly waddle, lots of my neighbors feed pets outside. On my street a least on nieghbor has had a possem come in an open window and eat the dog food during the night. Their dog didn't even care, but I think my neighbor whacked more than a few times with a broom.

Problem in my area is them dang cyotes ! About 15 or 20 hunt cyotes twice or even three times a year on snow mobiles and still we may kill upwards of 100 of them little vermin and still you can still be able to realize there still around. I also raise sheep and every now and than I'll have a ewe abort or just have stillborns out in the pasture and i'll bet I kill 15 cyotes just over the carcasses in a single night. Also our DNR here in IL decided they'd introduce cougars into the river bottoms to kill off cyotes and deer , and now all them things will eat is horses, cows, sheep, goats, and my neighbor nearly lost his dog to one.

In general sumbody has to do God's dirty work and if it's me so be it . I have no problem taking out an animal that is threatening to any of my livestock or any poeple that there of . I feel these are morals to live by and I try to abid by 'em.....

triple, I understand killing animals that are causing problems. Bating is illegal and can get you into a lot of trouble.

Not sure it's God's work to kill all predators since HE put them here. Think about it, we're predators, just higher up the food chain.

Back
Top Bottom