I DIDN"T KILL THEM!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ginasmarans, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Songster

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    [​IMG] I was afraid I had doomed my hatch when I moved the hen and she spent a day off of them, but this morning I heard the peeping of a chick wanting out of the egg. I'm hoping the other chicks are o.k. and that she has a good hatch. can't wait to get home this afternoon.[​IMG]

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Good news!!! [​IMG]

3. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Songster

Dec 4, 2007
    woo hoo!
    [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

That's wonderful, Gina. Good luck!

5. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Yay, Gina.

Are they marans?

6. kellim

kellim Songster

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    [​IMG]

7. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Songster

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    a little update- I checked on the hen this afteroon and I heard peeping chicks! At least 2 different ones,maybe more. I don't know because I kept my hands off of her. I'm not taking the chance of upsetting her and causing her to step on her chicks. Maybe I can see better tomorrow.

8. How exciting!!![​IMG] Update?[​IMG]

9. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Songster

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    This morning she is still on the nest and getting more and more "mama like" I could see 2 chicks,yes they are marans,and at least one pipping(I could hear the chick!!). I think she has 9 eggs total,so we'll see how it goes. This hen is either a marans mix,or one I didn't choose for my breeding flock for some reason. I have a pure marans on 14 marans eggs due to hatch on Friday. She has barely budged,so I am hoping for a good hatch. I've found they do better when they are left alone.

10. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: