1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I didnt know where to put this so ill putit here.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Robert Boyd, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Robert Boyd

Robert Boyd Chillin' With My Peeps

If every thing times out right my kiddos and I will be hatching babies on easter.
    Weve got young chickens geese ducks and bunnies. so I was thinking of getting easter candy and Eggs, and putting them all over the place out in front of our chicken run, and telling the kids, that the Easter bunny was so proud of them raising such fine animals he left them a bunch of extra easter eggs and candy out
    by the chicken pen and rabbit hutch, and there baskets are by the incubator....

does this sound dumb, or does it sound like fun???????

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    It sounds like fun to me.

3. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I'm SO stealing that idea! [​IMG]

4. oh that is so precious!!!!! i hope it turns out right timing. that would just be the best easter present. make sure you get some photos for us. i would love to see that. [​IMG]

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I think that's a great idea.....The kids would LOVE it! Way to go, Dad!

6. Robert Boyd

Robert Boyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Steal away:^}

the hatching on Easter was an accident, I got the incubator all tweeked out after working on it for a week, and we put the eggs in, and I had the kids make up a 21 day calender and "bamb" hatch day lands on the 24th:^}

7. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    Awesome idea. If I actually celebrated that holiday I'd do it, too. [​IMG]

8. b&b's barnyard

b&b's barnyard Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2010
    birnamwood
    Love your plan another fun thing to do did this with my boys is on easter morning told them to get eggs for breakfast then we could go look for there easter candy when they went to the coop all my hens laid different colored eggs.....And they weren't hard boiled they thought our chickens where working for the easter bunny....And I had leghorn chickens at that time...

9. pixiedouglas

pixiedouglas Chillin' With My Peeps

so cute!

10. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Cool idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by