I didnt listen and this is what i got.....

roll8221

Songster
13 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Central Florida
Im hatching 7 eggs and one had only had a litle hole it had been peepin at me through for a day and a half. well, i thought he was in trouble nd needed hel, so i proceded to help i out of is shell. after i zipped the egg he was having trouble getting through the membrane so i helped him a little through that. after his point he was kinda half out his shell so i thouht.....well lets just help him out of the rest of the egg. so i did. and he let out is last couple peeps as he bled to death in my hand. ill never do it again. one of the saddest things ive seen. he probably would have been fine if i hadnt gotten nvolved. and even if he didnt he wouldnt have bled to death right in front of me with nothing t be able to do about it. man.......devistating. The other ix seem to be fine though. should have been seven but six out of seven aint ad for my first time i guess. Thanx for all the advice guys....even though i think i jumped the gun on the one. the rest turned out great. gonna go watch them now. one came out kinda blonde. not sure what kind it is. supposed to be blue and splash silkies. blonde???

Very rare that I help chicks out. In the time I have only get the head ,and one wing out. Let the chick get out after that.

So sad to hear about your little chick...but congrats on a really great hatch. We sure do live and learn don't we.
sad.png

I've helped chicks in the past but it really does seem to be more harm than good with the ones I've helped. I've helped some out and they do fine, but I don't plan to help any this time around. I hate seeing a live chick die in a shell though with just a tiny hole of progress and that be it. Sometimes it really is for the best though. Weak chicks may not make it anyway.

awww, so sorry about your chicky
hugs.gif

Its hard to tell sometimes when and when not to help !!!!

Last edited:
To the OP:
welcome-byc.gif

I noticed that your username is your e-mail address. I'm not sure if that's a privacy concern of yours since everyone on the forum can see it.

If you want to, you can PM a mod and have your name changed to something else or the @___ removed.

If you like it the way it is, please don't take offense. Just trying to help!
smile.png

so sorry! i've blundered and done that too, but have also saved some chicks so don't take it out on yourself. please post the pics of the others. everybody loves pictures!

Back
Top Bottom