I dont know if this is the right area to post but

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by momofdrew, Dec 30, 2008.

1. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

I went into the run today and found this 3 inch long 1/2 wide THING that looked like a baloon but it wasnt rubbery but dry and white but not brittle... when I opened it it had egg white in it and white fibers as if it had been fertilized but no yolk... have no idea which bird dropped it...is this something I have to worry about or not...???? [​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I wouldn't worry unless you continue to find them. Sometimes the egg factory doesn't get the production line in synch.

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd say no, but it would leave me concerned. I have had a an egg that was white leathery filled with egg white and a yolk that had been mooshed out in the nest. Hope someone comes up with a better answer for you then I!

4. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I had one like that and another followed but not since and its been a month. I think sometimes their system gets out of whack. Any change seems to make it worse too. I had cut the light off in their coop at night. It had gotten warmer and was not needed to keep their water from freezing. When I cut it back on due to the temps the weird eggs stopped. Chickens are sometimes just plain weird. jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by