I don't know what my chickens are! :(

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chido, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Chido

Chido Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
    As I mentioned in the new member forum, we got three chicks that we found a few weeks ago. A neighbor is letting his flock of chickens roam free in the street, and for the first time in the 5-6 years I've been living here, we'vge had to rescue very young chicks in the street. Two of them were alone outside on a rainy Friday night. Another wandered all dirty, stinky and a bit beaten up into our backyard a week or so after we got the first two, so now we have adopted them.

I don't know exactly how old they are, nor what breed or mix they are. I also have no idea if it's possible to sex them now, but here are some pictures of them, I hope you guys can help me out [​IMG]

First and biggest chick: Godzilla. The chicks are technically my nieces' but since they don't clean or look after them, and I'm the one who is the mother hen in here, I told them I had the right to name them anyway I wanted (just to mess with my nieces' minds a bit XD)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick number 2: Megatron.

[​IMG]

Chick 3, the youngest and the one that I found all dirty and beaten up: Rusty aka Prof. McPoopyPants

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know anything about these chicks, how big they'll get, how old they are, etc. I'm doing my best and I've been checking out this site for a couple of weeks now, but any advice you guys can give me is more than welcomed!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Good news! They look JUST like chickens! I bet that's what they are!

(I have no clue. Probably "mutts." Sorry. I just didn't want your post to go unanswered. Maybe not WELL answered, but at least acknowledged.)

Good luck!

3. Chido

Chido Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
    Lol, I think they are mutts too. They are quite cute though, and I think the biggest one might me a rooster because it attacks its reflection on my closet mirror. I'm not sure, though.

4. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    I hnc what they are but they are all pretty!!! [​IMG] I'm seeing girls but then again...hmm...

Good for you, rescuing all 3! [​IMG]

5. Posh Chickens

Posh Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    West Midlands, UK
    I reckon McPoopyPants is a breed, I seen them in a hatchery!

6. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    I think the first one looks like a roo (and looks like he will be pretty from the colors showing now!), the third one looks a bit younger then the other two. If he has a mixed free ranging flock (you see more then one kind of chicken running around) odds are they are mixes.

7. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    the first one can be oriental game

8. hen hugger

hen hugger Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    probably a mutt

9. NorthTexaschick

NorthTexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Denton area
    They sure are cute - look to be about 4 wks old (?)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by