i dont know what to do, please help

szy.cpr

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 26, 2007
hertfordshire/england
ok, so i didnt know where to post this so ive posted it in emergencies aswell, ive noticed that my silkie chick is not behaving the way she usally does, shes quiet and not fighting for treats like she should be, and when i pick her up there is no fuss or noise she just sits on me really quietly, she is 7 weeks old , none of the other chicks have any symptoms and are litrally walking over her, ive have checked for any marks, mites ect but nothing, she is eating and drinking but not as much as usual, ive been watching to see if her poop is ok but she hasnt done any for a while but there is no sigh of different poop in the pen, can anyone please advise and help is better than none

Mine acted that way when she pasted up, but you could see that her butt didn't look right. I'd move her off-sides if the others start picking on her, and make sure she drinks plenty of water.

ok great ill put her in a different place away from the others, when she pasted up it definatly wasnt covering her hole and she could still poop ok, thanks

Make sure she has a light to keep her warm...

Also, after my girl pasted up, and I cleaned her vent, she still acted sickly for a while. I dripped water on her beak to make sure she drank plenty of water. And I finally had to tap at the food to encourage her to eat. It was like she forgot how after a day of not feeling good. After lots of extra attention she got back to her old self. And it makes me proud to see her running around the yard now!

Good luck!

If shes just laying around try adding a pinch or two of sugar to her water to perk her up I'm not saying This is definatly what it is but.. when I had my silkie babies they were always the first one to show signs of coccidousis. The only sign I had was that they would become withdrawn and sleep all the time. never peeping when i picked them up or making any ruckus when I checked them over. How old are they? are they on the ground? Try the sugar or electrolite water and see what happened. C

ok, she is in her own brooder and drinking sugar water off of a spoon as she is not doing it on her own, she is peaking at food if i put it right up to her peak, she has been on her own for about 3 hours and hasnt done any poops, but thats just since i know it could be longer, she also isnt very steady on her feet ,when i put her down she falls on her side but gets up on her own

Back
Top Bottom