I don't know

Hi! There are different thoughts and opinions on this of course! Some people like to wait until all of the eggs have hatched before taking the chicks out and putting them into the brooder. I usually wait until the majority of the eggs have hatched, so I don't mess with the humidity. I had my first chick hatch yesterday afternoon and I put him and the four others that had hatched this morning into the brooder about noon. There were still 2 more eggs in the incubator but they weren't making any movement, pips or noise so I figured it would be awhile if at all before they hatched...

lol. Yes, when to remove chicks is in my opinion a personal decision that should be based on your comfort level and your humidity levels. I run humidity at 75% during hatch so that when I open the bator to remove chicks I'm not jeopadizing the others. I do not leave chicks in the bator, they go in the brooder after hatch. Like sc said, he leaves his in (their little jail) until most of his are done hatching. You should do what is comfortable to you, and only if you have adequate humidity and can easily get your humidity back up if it drops.

lol. Yes, when to remove chicks is in my opinion a personal decision that should be based on your comfort level and your humidity levels. I run humidity at 75% during hatch so that when I open the bator to remove chicks I'm not jeopadizing the others. I do not leave chicks in the bator, they go in the brooder after hatch. Like sc said, he leaves his in (their little jail) until most of his are done hatching. You should do what is comfortable to you, and only if you have adequate humidity and can easily get your humidity back up if it drops.
You keep bringing up that your humidity is high enough. Mine is, too, because the Brinsea will stabilize in under a minute. I just choose to leave them in their little jail for other reasons

You keep bringing up that your humidity is high enough. Mine is, too, because the Brinsea will stabilize in under a minute. I just choose to leave them in their little jail for other reasons
I do that so people realize that opening a bator at 60% has more potential of causing issues than having the humidity up higher. I would hate not to state what my humidity is and why I am comfortable and have someone think, oh Amy opens hers all the time so it's safe, when they are running 60% and end up with complications because their humidity is lower, but they are using the same practices. I don't remove my chicks because my humidity is high enough, my humidity is high enough so that I am comfotable to do it. Point is if that is your choice you need the higher humidity to make up for humidity loss.

smack.gif

I do that so people realize that opening a bator at 60% has more potential of causing issues than having the humidity up higher. I would hate not to state what my humidity is and why I am comfortable and have someone think, oh Amy opens hers all the time so it's safe, when they are running 60% and end up with complications because their humidity is lower, but they are using the same practices. I don't remove my chicks because my humidity is high enough, my humidity is high enough so that I am comfotable to do it. Point is if that is your choice you need the higher humidity to make up for humidity loss. 

:smack
The smack was unnecessary. I find your reasoning sound
:smack

Back
Top Bottom