I don't see a parade float:

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Henrietta23, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Our church is building a float for the local 4th of July parade. It will be a replica of the church building itself. The shell is resting on our hovercraft trailer in my driveway. It is actually screwed onto the trailer. Good thing, because when I look at it I don't see a parade float.[​IMG]I see my new duck house!! [​IMG]

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

You could fit a lot of hens in that float of yours......

[​IMG]

3. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    You could use that as an awesome coop when you are done. I would LOVE a coop built like a church sitting in my front yard!!!!

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    It's not quite as big as it looks. The long side is about 6' and the short side is about 4'. I'm all set for chicken housing with the pentacoop but if I get two more ducks I'm going to need bigger duck housing. I'm seriously hoping they aren't going to want to reuse it since we're entering it for our 175th anniversary this year. I'll be happy to pay for the wood and then some. The sides of the float will be cardboard but it will be easy enough to take those off and side with plywood. I'd definitely paint it to look like the church!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by