I don't think I have seen this one asked

Hennyhandler

SilkieJax
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
Cullman
What do yall do when it is lightening and thundering? Especially those that have a dog house for them cause see mine doesn't have a door or anything on it to keep them in and it would be to confining I would think to be locked up in for so many hours in the day. The reaon I ask this is because today is the first day my ducks have been introduced to their pen and coop and it was thundering and everything but it didn't faze my ducks at all. They just kept swimming. Is this ok??

yes this is ok for them to do they love water and rain lol. but i would get a door i was just like you and didnt have one i walked out one day and they where dead stupid racoons.

big_smile.png
You have heard "this weather is for the Ducks......"

IT stormed here yesterday and the wind was blowing and the rain came down in buckets. All of the ducks stayed out grazing and flapping their wings, enjoying the "shower."
The barn door is always open where they sleep at night and not one came in for shelter.

Ditto about the heavy rain and lightning and thunder. Mine aren't even fazed by hail! I watched them and they just sat down and hid their head and the hail bounced right off their feathers. (it was a bad storm too, there was car damage)

my ducks had a blast when it was pouring rain yesterday, and ive been out there in 30 degree weather (F) and my ducks were still swimming. i thought she was crazy! lol we call her the special duck cuz she is the biggest, doesnt have a quack or a squeak (more of a hiss sound, like air escaping. she hasnt mastered a quack yet) she is the only one who cant get up the ramp by herself yet, and like i said, swimming in freezing weather

Back
Top Bottom