I don't think my SLW were labeled right at the store 🤔

GeliBeane

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2022
I have two pullets (pretty sure) bough from Tractor Supply. They were marked as run, Silver Laced Wyandotte. However, they are about 9 weeks old and they look nothing like the SLW online. I am staring the think they may be Easter Eggers. Mostly curious for potential future breeding since Easter Eggers are a Sex Link.

Thanks in advance guys 😁

Attachments

• 20220516_121329.jpg
    20220516_121329.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220516_121337.jpg
    20220516_121337.jpg
    759.4 KB · Views: 18
You have a cockerel on the left and pullet on the right, both Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers as a whole sadly are not sexlinks and even if they were, sexlinking on works for one generation. The second cross would lose the ability to be sexlinked. You may be thinking of autosexing which works generation to generation and is present in the blue egg layer, Cream Legbars and some other specific Easter Egger mixes taking advantage of the traits of Cream Legbars (their barring). These birds are neither sexlinked, nor autosexing :)

Last edited:
You have a cockerel on the left and pullet on the right, both Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers sadly are not sexlinks and even if they were, sexlinking on works for one generation. The second cross would lose the ability to be sexlinked. You may be thinking of autosexing which works generation to generation and is present in the blue egg layer, Cream Legbars and some other specific Easter Egger mixes taking advantage of the traits of Cream Legbars (their barring). These birds are neither sexlinked, nor autosexing :)
X2

You have a cockerel on the left and pullet on the right, both Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers as a whole sadly are not sexlinks and even if they were, sexlinking on works for one generation. The second cross would lose the ability to be sexlinked. You may be thinking of autosexing which works generation to generation and is present in the blue egg layer, Cream Legbars and some other specific Easter Egger mixes taking advantage of the traits of Cream Legbars (their barring). These birds are neither sexlinked, nor autosexing :)
Agreed.

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

Thank you so much 💓
Thank you so much. This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Wonderful!! 💖

Back
Top Bottom