I don't understand? Why only one egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by r4eboxer, Dec 27, 2011.

1. r4eboxer

r4eboxer Crooked Creek Poultry

Sep 20, 2011
    Fairmont
    I got my first egg on Christmas Eve and I was telling the girls in my office about it. One girl said "I don't understand, why did she only lay one egg?" I almost told her that they don't lay them by the carton! [​IMG]

Some people have NOOO clue how their food gets here. My Lucille worked very hard for that one egg thank you very much. [​IMG] Sadly I think she actually thought that chickens lay them 12 eggs at a time. [​IMG] I wonder where she thinks the carton pops out of. [​IMG]

2. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    That is hilarious. Honestly, does she realise that each egg-laying is like a human woman giving birth?! Lay 12 at a time, indeed...

Poor chickens. No respect!

3. wowmanacat

wowmanacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Oak Grove AR
    I think there are to many out there that has NO IDEA where there food really comes from.

4. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Quote:[​IMG] You can't expect everyone to know but that had to be a blonde moment, lol

5. One of the girls

One of the girls Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2011
    Quote:So is your aquaintance teachable? Sounds like a golden oppty to educate one more person. You might sway her off commercial eggs and she'll become a customer!!

I can't buy commercial eggs once I learned the treatment battery hens receive. Shameful in my opinion. So the answer is my own little flock or, if I couldn't have them, I'd look for someone just like you to buy them from. [​IMG]

6. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    I read some where it takes a lb of food for that 12 you get! I actually had some one tell me if I kept my roo in with my girls that would get pregnant. [​IMG] duh

7. harveyhorses

harveyhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Quote:I guess you couldn't tell them you eat their young??[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by