I feel really bad (please don't beat me up about this)

Don't beat yourself up,

i have been raising chickens for years and have thrown eggs away only to hear it peep as it hit the can more than a time or two.

I found a large clutch of guinea eggs a while back and the hens had already left the communal nest a few days before so i gather up the eggs and took them to the back 40 for the critters, as soon as i turned the bucket and the eggs started rolling out i begin to hear peeps,i picked up the unbroken eggs and brought them back to the sportsman i had running and put the good one in, i now have 10 more guineas than i need, but i love em and no one hears them but me.

Quote:
"trashcan baby"
gig.gif

"Oscar"
lau.gif

Glad he's doing better.

I have successfully moved deserted eggs to another hen and have hatched some just fine late babies... I just think they are tired of sitting and have babies... so off we go!

As I see it that trash can was pretty warm, so that's how if was able to. So as of this morning before work if was doing real well and starting to walk on his feet! I'm impressed with his progress! I'll have to post pictures of little Oscar.

I have had a few eggs out of a big set take 25 days to hatch! I have heard of some taking 26!!! I always give 25 days before finally candling and tossing if no movement! But don't feel too bad. We all learn from our and our friends mistakes!

God Bless!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I get home and Oscar is walking around on his own strong legs! I'm so proud of him! He is a strong healthy loud little guy! Oscar is going to make it!
big_smile.png

I was anxiously reading through this thread, it was like a thriller!
droolin.gif
SO DARLING! I feel for you - it's never happened to me (although I did go out and throw away rotten duck eggs when I was younger. WELL, this gal cannot throw as I went to toss the rotten egg I let go too late and it landed by my feet and the smell. Oh. My. Gosh. I practically threw up, then sprinted to my house (not that close) tore off my clothes as I was running, and couldn't get in the shower fast enough! Lets just say I won't be throwing anything but baseballs...
lol.png
) Anyway, He is SUPER DOOPER cute and I'm so happy for you that he pulled through!

celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom