1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I filed my Unemployment Appeal, waiting on a hearing and getting ready

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lockedhearts, Jan 4, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Some of you know I was fired from my job the Tuesday after Thanksgiving for no apparent reason.
    I then got a slap in the face by being denied UE because the low life guy I worked for lied on the questionaire.
    I filed an appeal, it honestly was much like a Brief for a Lawsuit ( a couple auto wrecks and having worked previously for an attorney friend) gave me the knowledge and wording.
    I also have been gathering evidence, including everything I added to this idiots website as proof that I actually did work.
    I also talked to a friend who owns a small business and has had to fire a few people over the years.
    This friend thinks I will win the appeal, based on the fact that his lie was: I did not do as I was told. This means that the Wed before Thanksgiving, I had several boxes of stock to price and put away.
    He left for a couple hours, came back, I was in the middle of putting things away. I stopped and ate lunch while he was gone, during that time I was on the internet (something that was not prohibited)
    He saw I was on the internet and assumed I was not done putting things away because I was playing all day.
    The amount of stock and the fact that I had to hand write price tags made it a several hour task not just a couple.
    According to my friend, the burden of proof will be on him, he will have to produce write-ups ( there are none) and a copy of his Policies ( again none)
    I also am taking my attorney with me, I hope he craps his pants when he realizes I have an attorney.
    I also plan to make it a point that I did in fact perform my job (putting the stock away) he never gave me a time frame.
    Sorry sack of poop that he is......... [​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    It has happened to me too but I got the UBenefits anyway. They are a bunch of sorry sack of rotted potatoes too!

3. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Good luck to you. I'm usually on the other end of the fight. I deal with the employers side of things for 11 stores. Many of these hearings can go either way. You can have every piece of evidence you could possibly need and the judge may still rule against you. I've lost a few cases that no one in their right mind would have ruled that way. My best advice is to only speak when you have to. Only say what you have to. Have your facts in order and let the "bad" guy hang himself. Be courtious and respectful even to the loser on the other end. Bite your tongue while he's talking.
    good luck

4. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I have had to fight for my benefits as well. Luckily I was dealing with the type of person that always puts his own foot in his mouth. I remember the best part was being able to question him directly as to what happened. In the end he actually told the investigator that he was already paying for unemployment for other workers and didnt feel he should have to pay for mine. Guess who won. Good luck and keep your cool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by