I finally got chickens - and geese

Allisonbrizburk

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes! I've had them about 4 months now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 7 hens and 1 rooster and one not old enough to know. 9 total. And 2 geese!

(3) What breeds do you have?
3 Polish - one hen, one roo and one unknown I hope it's a hen. 2 Easter eggers, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 Banty, 1 unknown. 1 Chinese Goose and 1 Sebestapol goose (need more sebestapols I'm in love)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their individual personalities. They're silly and sweet and I love their noises. I love feeding them and turning over logs for them to feast on bugs. The geese do a wonderful job protecting the chickens. My Sebestapol is so sweet and curious what goodies I may have.

(5) What are some of your other hobbie?
Horse training. I own 3 horses and train others

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Work in healthcare (that's been crazy the past couple years). I have a Great Pyrenees who stays mostly indoors and a Chinese Crested who hates clothes. I'm growing my tiny 3 acre farm.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I've seen articles and posts when searching for info about my chickens and decided to join!

Back
Top Bottom