I finally got the dang coon!

old_crone! How cool that someone on here is close to me! I'm glad to know it! What birds do you raise?

Was just checking in, the traps are all empty this morning...... Hopefully I got the only one trying to get the chickens but I doubt it.......

There are coons in our barn too, gonna make a hay tunnel and put a trap up there too with some bread behind it and see what I get. My trapper friend no longer traps so he said that I can keep them as long as I need too!

My husband would answer that one with "What doesn't she raise!" We came home today from buying chicken feed at Petersen's to find three bags on our front porch, each one holding a chicken.

We have some muscovy ducks and a couple of regular ducks (who are bullies to the sweet muscovies). I recently inherited a small flock of sex links, I also have some silkies, EEs, Welsummers, Barnstables, Marans, and alot of assorted other breeds. I started with the Rainbow Mix from McMurray and then this past fall I added Brown egg layers from McMurray and Dark Brown Egg layers from Ideal. All in all, I think we're pushing 100.

It is nice to have someone close by.

WhohooO! YEAH! Get that coon!

I must say, I saw some stuffed animal raccoons at the grocery store today and was slightly revolted. I wanted to buy one and pin it up on my coop as a warning--or perhaps put it into my coop and let my geese gnaw it....

But your big guy is kinda cute....chubby little face.....
roll.png
Fangs, though...
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom