I finally have chicken diapers! [more pictures, post #20]

If someone without the chicken brains walked by and saw your hens, they'll probably think, "What the heck are those things?? What's wrong with those birds???"
gig.gif

Last edited:
ep.gif
I have heard about chicken diapers but was like
hu.gif

They actually look really cute in the pictures but I have a coupole of questions:

1) Why?

2) The may look cute, but I would think they would fill up FAST. My chickens are turbo poopers and eventhough my back patio must be sprayed constantly, I think that is easier than trying to get a diaper on my hens. Someone mentioned stink eye. Oh my, my hens would be so mad at me. .

3) How often do you change them?

4) I have heard people have chickens indoors, is this what diapers are for? Or just to keep coops more tidy?

5) Chicken poop is my enemy and my friend. My yard looks like beautfiul green carpet, even in the drought because they fertilize so regulary.

I am confused, intrigued, and (where is the scratching my head smilie?).

Very cute, though.
smile.png

I got them so I can take my chickens with me places..
Like to my grandma's house..
hide.gif

They wore them for a while and when I took them off none of them had pooped in them.
Even if they had, I lined them with paper towels, so cleaning them would be easy.

I sent my boyfriend's aunt a picture and she said, "Awesome, now they can travel with you!"
Of course she asked what they were first..
lol.png

Oh, and none of them were happy at first.
The little one with the red diaper pecked me really hard on my hand while I was trying to situate it on her chest.
gig.gif

I bought some Velcro and elastic to make my own, but I have no clue how to make them. They look fabulous!

Quote:
This made me smile and laugh! Very sweet and cute. Now I get it.
smile.png

I have a white silkie like yours and my daughter is sitting here laughing. Our Nelly would not be happy!

Also, the chicken in the first picture is so adorable. What is that breed?

Quote:
This made me smile and laugh! Very sweet and cute. Now I get it.
smile.png

I have a white silkie like yours and my daughter is sitting here laughing. Our Nelly would not be happy!

Also, the chicken in the first picture is so adorable. What is that breed?

She's a bantam Old English.

Back
Top Bottom