I finely have a diagnosis!!

Subirdban Farm

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 17, 2007
Hanover PA
Finely after over eight years of doctor appointment after doctor appointment, one medical bill after another, and having my family dr tell me to see a shrink b/c there is nothing wrong with me :thun I HAVE A DIAGNOSIS!! I have fibromyalgia!! Not what I wanted to hear but I can live with it. It won't kill me but will make aspects of my life difficult. BUT NOW IT HAS A NAME! I can now say that I have something instead of it being the mystery disease.

Guess who found it? I DID!
cool.png
I got so fed up with the doctors that I got on the net and started typing in my symptoms. Several hours later I came up with fibromyalgia. Called my dr and made an appointment. Told my grandmother that I think I have it and she tells me that she also has it and it runs in our family. That would have been a nice tid-bit of info to have had a few years ago.
roll.png
So off to the dr I went and he confirmed it.

Now I know I'm not imagining the whole stupid thing! I want to shout "I HAVE AN ILLNESS AND IT'S CALLED FIBROMYALGIA!!" from the roof tops.

I feel so relieved. Like a big weight has been taken off my shoulders.
yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif
I know it's weird to do a happy dance over a diagnosis but I understand your frustration. I went to dr's for 11 yrs.

Now for the bad news is there is a lot of people and doctors who don't believe in it. So I just want to warn you. Sorry to be a bearer of bad new.

I am not really a negative person. I will be here for you to lean of if you need me.
hugs.gif

jackie

Glad you finally got that diagnosis. IT's a hard illness sometimes to live with, but hopefully with the right Dr. you will get help. There is a new medicine on the market for it, but I do hear that one of the side effects is weight gain.
The most important thing to help you is GOOD sleep and rest. ON bad days, do that and it will help you. I could go on and on with things I have learned, if you ever need to talk you my PM me anytime.
Karen

I've been through that. It is frustrating to put it mildly! Many times I was told it was just stress. Youjust have to beat on doctor after doctor till you find one that listens.

Congrats on finally getting through to someone!

Fibromyalgia is a bizarre thing. Some people barely have symptoms, some are incapacitated. I barely remember the last year before I was diagnosed. I'd go to work, get home around 5 pm go to bed from sheer exhaustion and have to get up and work the next morning. (For the longest time, it was thought I had chronic fatigue and/or some undiagnosable arthritis.)

And I don't want to mention the "it's all in your head" diagnoses I got.

But, I don't know you or your history, things can be better. I went into remision a few years ago and have been practically symptom free since. I have my fingers crossed it continues.

Good luck. Also, check to see if there are support groups in your area.

I am very sorry for your illness but I know how much of a releif it is to know and be validated for all the time spent trying to make people understand you are sick.
hugs.gif

Oh ewwsheep I was told the same thing a year ago and I lost over 40lb. The pain and fatigue just got worse. That was when my dr told me I should seek psychiatric help.
smack.gif
That was my lowest point. I thought for sure I was never going to find out what it is.

Thanks for all the support. I feel so good that I just went out and got my nails done for Easter.
wee.gif

I have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrom). My doctor didn't believe that I could be in such pain with it. He did the basic blood work to check iron, etc. and it came back okay. Thankfully, he knows I would push if he told me it was all in my head and sent me to someone who deals with RLS. She listened and told me I was right. I've started treatment and can actually lead a normal life. Doctors can be a pain themselves sometimes and we just need to keep pushing.

I'm so glad you finally got a diagonsis. I'm sorry it took so long though. Hopefully, now with the medications out there you will find some relief.

Im glad you finally got a answer! I have had it for over 15 yrs now and it took a few drs to finally come up with what is wrong with me.its very painfull especially when its raining or snowing I keep telling Hubby I need to move to a desert Then I would be happy;) My older and younger sister has it also definatly runs in the family.Its good for finally get a answer and know its not in your head its all over!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom