I forgot how good it feels to be in a saddle again.....

I think he's pretty cute; but then I'm a sucker for buckskins. I need to get my own butt back on a horse this spring; been way to long!
Hope your mom has many, many fun years with this guy
thumbsup.gif

wow, I REALLY like him. You can't beat a good QH for having a good mind. IMHO of course. It looks like he really knows his job. I think he is actually very nice looking with the dark mane and the white socks. A safe horse is more valuable than gold when you aren't in the spring of your years anymore. We just don't bounce like we used to! I hope she gets him and has a blast!

first off hes not ugly at all. not the tiny picture pretty face, but thats it. I like his legs and hoofs, they look like they've got some substance to them. its hard to tell exact conformation standing crocked in sand, but he doesn't look bad. pretty doesn't matter to me. sane matters to me, I can not tolerate for the life of me intentionally nasty or spazy horses. with some shedding out, a bath, some clipping and some intense grooming to bring out the shine I think he will be the pretty horse your mom likes, along with not crazy.

Ooo...found some more pics of him. (Note, I'm unsure of the photographer, where, or when.)

54632_dusty1.jpg

54632_dusty2.jpg

Quote:
he has alot of good "cowboy" lines, none of those hot headed TB crosses close up. You would have to go back quite a ways to get some TB in there. King and Poco Bueno, are two of my favorite QH foundation QHs.

I noticed there is alot of older horses in there, or bred later for their age but a real classic find.

Tell your Mom to get THAT horse and look NO further!

More pics - not good quality, and no effort to square him.

Yes, in this pic he's not tied at all, he groundties, or regular ties. He doesn't care.

54632_dusty3.jpg

54632_dusty4.jpg

He's overdue on a trim, but no cracks or issues.

I also felt his legs up after we rode - no puffiness, clean joints, no fluid or out of place bumps anywhere.

Last edited:
He's very pretty IMHO!!!! He may not be what "Mom" is used to riding, but I think he's a nice looking horse, cute little mark on his forehead like every horse I ever dreamed about had! That spinning video made me dizzy
smile.png
(Can you tell I'm not a horse person)

Not bad. He toes out a bit, but a lot of horses (and people) do that.

I'm going the other direction, getting a pony for my daughter. Now that DH is dead, I think the only way I'll be able to ride this summer is if she comes with me and has her own horse to ride.

We have a pony picked out, I'm just waiting for the first SSI check to make the purchase.

As the saying goes "Looks aren't everything" But honestly, the pro pics you posted, he is gorgeous. I have a broodmare (we breed halter and pleasure) she is not particularly feminine looking has a bit of a longish boxing foundation head and longer ears. But bred to the right stallion and she throws a Drop Dead Gorgeous foal that will Halter and Ride!

He looks like he will be a great horse for your Mom.

Best cutting horse I ever competed on went back to Poco Tivio on the bottom side and the Ole Man on the top. Your boy's got some nice lines known for their good minds, too.

Good luck with this boy!

thumbsup.gif

Rusty

Back
Top Bottom