I found a great Candler- relatively Cheap @ Walmart

ChickenWendy

Songster
12 Years
Dec 3, 2007
Chesapeake, Virginia
Walmart is selling a Sportsman Rayovac (camo-covered, Metal) Flashlight for $19.00 and it takes 2 AA batteries & it puts out 45 lumens. It candles great! I cant afford another Surefire & my husband wont give his up because he uses it for work (& i wanted my own!) - so i found this one.

Went to walmart to get this (and a hygrometer) but couldn't find this flashlight. I had a hard time telling how many lumens were in a lot of them. Do they just not write it on some of the packaging?

Anyway, I ended up with a Dorcy 1 watt 45 lumens L.E.D. that takes 3 AAA batteries and they last 15 hours. It looks like a well made flashlight, and it was only $10.

I couldn't find the accurite thermom/hygrom either so I ended up with a Springfield one that was only $6.94.

Most of the time they dont put the lumens on the packaging but this one did. That's the only reason i got it. But i wonder since it only a 1 watt LED, would a 3 watt LED do better - like produce more lumens? does anyone know?

Lumens can be rated either at peak lumens or run time lumens. Peak, is just that, the instant you turn it on, run time, is what you see during use. Many companies post "peak..."

I have a 3W LED upgrade for my surefire... I think it's about 80 runtime.

Quote:
A 1W LED will give similar output to a standard 15 Lumen Mini Maglite.

The 3W will give about 45 Lumens, which is 2/3rds the output of the basic P6 or G2 Surefire.

I bought the 3W LED Mini Maglite, it's fine
smile.png

I have that one Bearcat and it works perfectly. I think it was around the same price from K-mart, and very robust. My husband's always stealing it now because it's so bright.

Back
Top Bottom