I found Tree Chick!

ibpboo

Where Chickens Ride Horses
15 Years
Jul 9, 2007
always changing
Tree Chick has gone broody and I have not been able to find her for over a week. She is the chicken that moved into my oak tree, she roosts there at night and hangs out with Cotton during the day. She is wild, so I do not try and pen her up with the other chickens as they chase her. She is happy living in my tree. But she disappeared and I have been looking for her in the bush, but just a few minutes ago I happened to spot her in some tall grass, at first I thought she was dead, she was so still and laying low, but as I approached I saw her eyes looking at me. I was able to pick her up (first time I ever got near her), she pecked the heck out of me, but there is a pile of eggs under her! They of course will not hatch, so I have sent an email to a friend asking for fertilized eggs for her to hatch.
I'm so happy I found her!
ya.gif

A few years ago I had a hen that would sit on eggs, she would not get up and if the eggs never hatch, I think they can die from sitting forever, so I use to get fertilized eggs for her and she would hatch them. A couple times I bought chicks, chased her out of the nest, broke the eggs open and put the chicks in place and she would think the eggs hatched and raise the chicks, she was such a good mama and she loved being a mama. She too, was a wild chicken.

Back
Top Bottom