I gave in and started eggs today! Anyone else due around the 13??

Sad news here.

3/4 of my mini silkies must have died this morning at 22 days
sad.png

I opened them up after candling and they were upside down. I decided the only way to give the remaining chick a chance was to open him up and help which I did. He was also the wrong way around but as soon as I broke the shell I heard faint peeeping.

He is now half out of shell and in bator warming up. I don't know if he'll make it or not. Gutted.

32048_p1200487.jpg

32048_p1200491.jpg

32048_p1200497.jpg

32048_p1200507.jpg

Last edited:
Our UPS man just left about 25 min ago. I ordered a hov-bator 2362N with a turner as this will be my first time too, and I didn't want to mess it up.
I just finished putting it together, and wanted to catch up on the reading here on lil stuff I might have missed.
I have 10 of my own Aussie eggs to put in. Been collecting them for 4 days now.
Supposed to receive 10 Serama eggs either Monday or Tuesday in the mail. I'll add those in when they get here and adjust the time for those chicks, or wait...
I'm heading to chickenstock2 tomorrow (Maine) and was hopeing I could p/u a few more Serama's and silver Wyandottes...
droolin.gif

I guess I'll wait till tomorrow just in case... ugh, the waiting stinks, sheesh!
I wish everyone good luck!
fl.gif

I'll be watching this thread as time goes by for updates/news/info ect...just so I know what I need to in case something goes wrong.
this is an incredably valuable site for me.
jumpy.gif

Eggcitement! One has pipped. But, on the pointy end of the egg... I can't actully see the pip. I just know there is one b/c there's a small piece of shell on the bator floor.

I still have the eggs upright and in rows b/c some of the aircells were still loose. I worried about that being a problem if I placed them on their sides. I guess there's not much to do but 'wait and see' right???

Ohhhhh myyyyy itchyyyy handssss... I just want to peek and see if there really is a pip... I just want to hold that egg to my ear and see if I can hear any peeping...

But, I will control myself b/c more than anything, I want it to LIVE!
smile.png

Well I awoke to a wet chick out of the shell but still with a yolk sack not sucked up. I hope it will be okay. I went to bed at 0100 and had gave up all hope but left the bator on till the moring just incase. Whooo hooo I hope its okay.

I have two!!!!
wee.gif
I had the crib midget tell the one single chick night before I put him down for his nap. Went back after laying him down not even 5 mins to grab my phone that I left by the bator and there is TWO chicks!!!
ep.gif
It wasnt even pipped or anything Whoo Hooo!!
celebrate.gif
Now if somone would have just told me how great of a baby sitter chicks hatching was I would have done this long ago. lol
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom