I give up

pokey

Warrior Princess
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
upstate
Early in the spring I hatched blue Wheaton ameracaunas, next I hatched silkies, next yokohomas. None are laying.
roll.png
everyone is in a molt and last years hatches are molting still too. What is going on? N ever have I had results like this and for so long of time. I hardly get two eggs day.
barnie.gif

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time:hugs I've read that extra protein in their diet will help them get over their molt faster:confused:
I hope they get over it soon so you can start getting some eggs.

When we stop getting eggs for seemingly no reason, it's usually because the hens have worms. You can probably do a search on here to find out more about it. It's easy to spot and treat, and we find our hens are laying again by the end of the week.

Don't feel bad...mine are just coming out of their molt...I was lucky to get one egg a day, every couple of days. Now we're getting back into the swing of things & I'm getting...3! And that's out of 8 hens that are old enough to lay. Like I said, we're getting there.
Sumner28 is right--never give up. You def have to learn patience with chickens!

This reminds me of two years ago when all 14 of my girls went into molt at the same time! I was doing good if we got six eggs a week!
barnie.gif
But I discovered that they don't molt forever, so don't give up. Adding protein does shorten the molt and when they start laying again, and they will, you'll be surprised at how much they lay. Eggs , yummy eggs.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom