I Got 2 today. Oops make that 3 :)

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
Today was our first big "gotta go plow" snow day. I finally got to sleep a little after midnight, and I get woke up by DH's radio alarm
sad.png
at about 2:30. Gotta go plow he says. So I get all my warm woollies on and he heads one direction and I head another. The whole time I'm thinking, dang I'm not going to be home to get my egg this morning. Well, we finally finish up about 8:30, and I rush home to check for my egg.

I have a little Red sex-link that just started laying, and has laid 9 days in a row. I'm working toward my first dozen, then I'll eat them
lol.png
So I rush out to the coop, and sure enough there's my little less than small sized egg. She can't make up her mind which nest she's going to use. It's alway one of the 2 end ones though. (I think the other chickens are playing in the nests) So I grabbed my little egg, and was headed out when my egg caught sight of something on the floor. Yep, right there in the middle of the floor mind you, another egg. Yea!! They are getting the hang of this now.
ya.gif
This one actually weighed out as a small egg. Know idea who laid it. Just hope She figures out the nest consept before too long.

Problem is, now that I have 2, I want 3!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom