I got a blue one!! I got a blue one!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by stargazer2014, Oct 1, 2011.

1. stargazer2014

stargazer2014 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    [​IMG]

I have 13 hens of varying breeds (BR, BO, SLW, and EE's) that are 21 weeks on Monday. Our BR's have started to lay tiny pullet eggs, and I we think a SLW has joined in as well. Knowing that EE's take longer to mature/lay, etc, I knew it would be several weeks before I got that treasured first blue egg.

but....

Off I go to the coop today, for the second time, and what do I see? A tiny blue egg!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This lady was investigating the nesting boxes my first trip out there. I thought she was just exploring.

[​IMG]

I didn't think any of them looked mature enough to start laying. Shows you what I know!

I'm so happy, I had to share! [​IMG]

2. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    [​IMG] congrats!!

3. rngrbill

rngrbill Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    Isnt' that just magical?!

5. HogbackMtnChickns

HogbackMtnChickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    New Castle, Colorado
    Congratulations! I got my very first eggs ever today! [​IMG] - not blue, but adorable little bantam eggs. My first blue egg should be here in a month or so. Can't wait!

6. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I have raised birds for over 25 years and I still get a kick out of the eggs I find, especially the blue eggs or the brown speckley ones. Congrats on your eggs.

7. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    YAY!!!!!!!!! i cant wait for mine to lay i have an EE and a Americana but they are about a month away from laying if not more [​IMG]

8. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG]

9. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats!!!

10. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Gratz on the first blue egg from your Easter Egger! I'm sure that my Easter Eggers will lay their own blue eggs someday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by