I got a rooster!!!

SportTees

Songster
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Southern Middle Tennessee
I got my first rooster. It was so funny when I introduced him to the boss hen. She imediatly stared him down - then started biting his comb. He finally got tired of it and they spared but she bit his gobbler and won that one to.
lol.png
Funny I don't lock my birds up at night because they have a completely covered run so I think the rooster may be sleeping in the run tonight

How cool. My little roo is 10 weeks old and he decided to jump bad with my 27 week old SLW. It was not pretty...he pecked her and she gave him "THE LOOK", he pecked again and she hammered him and then held his head down on the ground.
gig.gif
He bored her by not struggling and she walked away.
lau.gif
What a spoiled rotten BI*** she is.

Not to be a downer, but I hope you know well where he came from and are 100% sure he's not carrying anything since you've already put him with your flock.
BE CAREFUL, please Quarentine new birds next time!

Edited to add:
Where are the pics?! What kind is he?
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
He came from the same place that the hens came from. Its right down the street and the only birds they have are from 1 order from mcmurray Hatchery. The birds stay in a pen -- no free range-- so hopefully it'll be O.K.

I'll post pics -- I think he's a partridge rock or maybe RIR

i have a "few" roo's ,, but my old hen only allows 1 to touch her,, if the others try,,, watch out,, she will chase them down for 20 minutes till she catch's them,, then puts a beating they will never forgot on em ,, and my roo's aint small or push overs,, but when she gets near em,, they split the scene hehe haha
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom