I got a wonderful surprise today from McMurray.

pkw

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2010
North Edwards, CA
okay I ordered more turken chicks (I had 10 but wanted more). I always order my chicks from McMurray hatchery. I ordered 26 turken pullets and I got an extra free female turken (I never elect to receive their rare chicks because there are breeds that I absolutely don't want in my flock). I am used to them using males for extra chicks but wow I got an extra female. Unfortunately though one of the chicks got trampled so the extra chick made up for that one.

I was excited to not be receiving more cockerels since I already enough of those.

I ordered 121 chicks from McMurray last week and didn't lose but 1 of those. I wanted more turkens (and more pullets) and so far I only lost the one that got trampled

My chicks are thriving and haven't lost anymore so I am happy.

I also ordered from MM, getting back into chickens for the first time in over 50 years, and I was very nervous as I had read some postings that weren't very successful from this hatchery. I ordered 84 chicks, a few of just about every docile breed they had available at the time as well as several bantys. There was one DOE (the free mystery chick), and I lost two others within the first week. They are a month old as of May 24 and are beautiful and thriving. I just couldn't be more pleased.

Here is a great place to leave your reviews! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=269351
Glad
to hear your chicks are doing great!
welcome-byc.gif
Lynn in Texas

Back
Top Bottom