I got chicks for Easter?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Frosty, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I placed an order with Murray McMurray, a combined order with chicks for a friend in with mine. When I placed the order (a few months ago), it said that the week of April 25th was the first available date. I didn't think anything of it and took that date. From experience, I figured that meant that the chicks would ARRIVE on the 25th. They usually say 'week of' with a Monday date, and early Monday morning I get the call. So I expected chicks tomorrow. 12:12 AM this morning, my phone rang. It was the Post Office telling me that they had chicks for me!!! [​IMG] Then the guy went on to ask me if I wanted to come pick them up now, or did I want to leave them there and have them delivered on Monday. Ummm... what? Leave them there? Chicks are in the brooder and no DOA's! There are some really cute ones in there, too!

I just think it's awesome that the PO called right away and gave me the option to come get them immediately. Especially in the wee hours Easter morning.

2. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    I think we need some pictures!!!!

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    [​IMG] yes we NEED pictures! I too ordered from McMurray for the same delivery date. Unfortunately I didn't get a call this morning to come and pick them up [​IMG] but im very much hoping they come tomorrow morning and they are safe and sound [​IMG] I ordered LF Cochins in lots of different colors, what did you order? Good luck with your babies!!!

4. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] YAY ! CHICKS ALIVE HAVE ARRIVED! [​IMG]

5. CariLynn

CariLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    State of confusion
    [​IMG] WoooHooo you got your peeps!!! Way to go! And I am with you, would run down and get them the moment they arrived!

6. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Quote:So I need to get pics for you before I take my friend hers... I just got Brown Leghorns for myself (to go with the Ameraucana, Chantecler, and Black Copper Marans I got from individuals last month... I needed a white egg layer) But my friend got a Black Cochin, a Partridge Cochin, 2 White Crested Black Polish and 2 Mottled Houdan. Plus yesterday I got eBay eggs in the mail (Frizzled Giant Cochin) and will be getting more of the same from the auction here. I just gotta take a flashlight to take pics because the red light makes pictures look funky. I'll try to get you pics soon.

Try not to worry too much about your order, I normally get them Monday morning. These guys hatched on the 22nd and look great!

7. scottfarm

scottfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    MILL CREEK, WV
    Pictures Pictures Pictures...

8. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Kudos to your local PO!

I, too, have a wonderful local PO... as a matter of fact, my letter carrier is another chicken lady, a good friend and my chicken sitter when I'm away!

CONGRATULATIONS on you perfect little Easter delivery... and thanks to the Easter Bunny @ your PO!

10. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Congrats and you need to take the first egg to that postal worker. No one at my post office would do that. They dont care.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by