I Got It! The Perfect Chicken Coop!!!

DENALI

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
A Retired School Bus! Think about it! Cheap!, Less than $500 around here for a HUGE one, non running of course. If you want a running one well $1500 will get you a semi ugly one.
Lets take this line of thinking a bit further......

(1)They are made out of Steel.. Bonus #1 Predator Proof!
(2)They are on Wheels, drag them where you want them, or drive em if they run!
(3) All those glorious windows! Light for year round egg laying! AND you can close them in bad weather and winter. Just put some hail screen or chicken wire over the openings to retain the predator protection
(4) did i mention they come in really HUGE sizes for CHEAP!!! They are 8 feet wide and a 30' bus would house 60 chickens at least!!
(5) Built in roosts! What else would you do with all those seat?? just pull the bottom cushions off and remove any extra seats you dont need.
(6) Weather proof! Most are also double walled and are insulated to some extent
(7) heck i dont know! But i am going to have to see if it will pass the wife test! LOL

You could always paint it like a 60's/70's flower power bus to give it more eye apeal
wink.png

Last edited:
That is a VERY cool idea! Maybe paint it with little chickens all over it. I don't see why It wouldn't work
big_smile.png
Cheaper then the hen house we made! BY FAR! Good luck and if you get it please show pics!

FROM EXPERINCE GREAT COOP HOWEVER YOU NEED TO COVER THE RUBBER BOOT AREA AROUND THE SHIFTER the steel or meatal sheeting. We had rats eat threw the boot to get inside to eat the feed other than that it worked out fine

Quote:
LOL Here is a bus i use to own, tossed it on ebay and it sold for $4000
big_smile.png
The guy was going to make a hot rod out of it. It was previously a racoon shack!

10.jpg

Quote:
A person could probably just take the bus body off and seal up the firewall opening if they didnt want to have a whole bus. Could set it right down on the ground that way.

Back
Top Bottom