I GOT MY FIRST EGG - EVER!

Congrats! That's a nice-looking egg!

I wish my hens would lay so I can get the same feeling........

Your chickens look great!

clap.gif

Last edited:
Congratulations! I remember my first egg. What a great feeling to look into the nestbox and finally see what you've been waiting for
big_smile.png

And like someone said, it's like Christmas every day you collect them (minus the lights
tongue.png
)

Whoever said it doesn't get old is right!! Everyone would have chickens if they knew how great it was to go out side and look in those boxes and find a handful of eggs every single day!! Congratulations!!!
smile.png
....is that bacon I hear sizzling?????

Was it warm??? Those are the best!

I love the warm ones, I hold it in my hand and marvel at that little miracle, I then kiss it tell my girls thank you and give a thanks to God and I go eat it!
smile.png

It never gets old, I cannot imagine it even doing so. Yesturday I got three at once what a beautiful gift and even more thrilling. I cannot ever imagine not having my girls, they are such a joy.
love.gif

frow.gif

.​

Ooh, so many replies this morning! Thanks for the congrats, everyone.

Wildsky,
Surprisingly, nobody seems to think I'm crazy for having chickens, OR they thought I was crazy anyway, so the chickens didn't surprise them.

Zippity-do-dah and Churkenduse,
It wasn't warm.
sad.png
I checked the nestbox that morning, DH said he checked it early in the day, too. I found the egg after 5pm, when I went out to play with the girls before bedtime.

For everybody who isn't getting eggs yet, take heart! The days are getting longer and eggs are just around the corner. I'm not even supplementing light in the coop. When Precious started squatting, I got really excited and started opening up the coop as soon as the sun peeked over the ridge. No more lazy mornings with coffee and the computer, well not until after I let the chickens out anyway.

Back
Top Bottom