i got the autopsy results back

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
i got the autopsy results back from my white silkie hen. she died of a tumor in her cloaca. i am really sad but i am glad to know it wasnt contagious. although it still doenst explain the 2 other deaths i have gotten in the past 4 months. it makes me feel a little better to know what it died from

sad.png
So sad, but yeah, good to know that it isn't contagious AND nothing that you couldn't have done.
hugs.gif
I'm glad I haven't had to go through any pet deaths yet...
fl.gif

i am new to chickens i have only had them since august of this year. this is my third one that died. it makes me really upset because she was my favorite and she acted completely normal and i came home from school and boom she was just dead.
sad.png

I know how that feels. My GLW was fine one night when we shut the coop and the next day she was gone.

it really is sad but i know there is nothing i could have done to help her IF i knew she had a tumor. i found out it is actually pretty common

Thank you for posting your autopsy results, boykin 2010. A couple of months ago I had a hen die suddenly - fine one day and dead the next after only a couple hours of symptoms. I will always wonder what was wrong and still keep my fingers crossed when I open the coop door to let my hens out in the morning, or when I come home from work. Afraid I'll find another one dead with no warning. Glad you now know what happened to your hen, and good luck with the rest of your flock!

I'm so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
A lot of us BYCers have our chickens as pets, myself included, and it really hurts to lose one. Nothing eases the pain like some new chicks though
smile.png

I love my silkies! I am so so sorry for your loss. Glad to hear it isn't anything that could spread. I lost a young peafowl the other day, one day doing good the next it was gone. With me being sick I can't watch them like I normally do, maybe if I wasn't I could've caught it before it was too late. My heart was broken so I do know the feeling your going through.

Back
Top Bottom