1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got two eggs yesterday!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ibpboo, Nov 21, 2009.

1. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I got two eggs yesterday!! I think they may be from my chickens that are 6 months this week. My other three don't usually lay this time of year, besides, one lays green eggs, one is molting, and well, they are going to be 8 years old, and although they still lay, its just not during the winter anymore.
    Sooooooo, must be, maybe right? From the young ones, their first eggs?!! Only bummer is, they are brown eggs, and I so wanted them to lay green eggs. But, looks like I WILL NOT be buying eggs for turkey dinner after all!! Only once I've had to buy eggs for turkey dinner, years ago.
    Oh, and Henry the rooster, he is figuring out what to do with the hens now, oh, this is going to be fun, my own chickies!! And some one already wants some!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    [​IMG]

3. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Lucky you! I have a 6-month-old EE who hasn't started to lay yet and am [​IMG] that they will be green or blue.

Sounds like things are going very, very well in your chicken life! [​IMG]

4. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    [​IMG] I have lots of eggs for turkey dinner! Next year I wont have to buy the turkey either ( he will already be here!)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Woo hoo! I just got another egg! Its brown. I do have one barred rock. Perhaps she is the only one laying and the others haven't started yet, and there's hope for green eggs yet!!
    Could be that the two eggs DH found yesterday were actually two days worth. Lets hope!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by