I got two eggs yesterday!

ibpboo

Where Chickens Ride Horses
15 Years
Jul 9, 2007
always changing
I got two eggs yesterday!! I think they may be from my chickens that are 6 months this week. My other three don't usually lay this time of year, besides, one lays green eggs, one is molting, and well, they are going to be 8 years old, and although they still lay, its just not during the winter anymore.
Sooooooo, must be, maybe right? From the young ones, their first eggs?!! Only bummer is, they are brown eggs, and I so wanted them to lay green eggs. But, looks like I WILL NOT be buying eggs for turkey dinner after all!! Only once I've had to buy eggs for turkey dinner, years ago.
Oh, and Henry the rooster, he is figuring out what to do with the hens now, oh, this is going to be fun, my own chickies!! And some one already wants some!!

wee.gif
wee.gif

Woo hoo! I just got another egg! Its brown. I do have one barred rock. Perhaps she is the only one laying and the others haven't started yet, and there's hope for green eggs yet!!
Could be that the two eggs DH found yesterday were actually two days worth. Lets hope!!

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom