I had to buy eggs this week!

chickbea

Songster
13 Years
Jan 18, 2007
Vermont
tongue.gif

Well, the girls are moulting, and my egg supply has run out. I had to buy eggs from someone else - :mad: It makes me long for those early summer days when the eggs are rolling out of the refrigerator every time the door is opened!

I bought them from a local lady who has a very large flock - $4.00! Eeeek! I told the girls all about THAT as I was filling their food dish this morning!
smile.png

I had to buy some the other day as well.
tongue.gif
I still only have one who is laying. At least my RIR started sqatting yesterday... maybe she will start laying in the next week or so. My BR who looks like she should have started 3wks ago is still just chowing down without producing anything. If she doesn't lay within the next 3-4wks I may start to think about the stew pot....

My girls aren't laying yet - one is 20 weeks and the others are 16 - and it's KILLING me that I have to buy eggs. I, too, have a stack of cartons probably 10 high.
fl.gif
he.gif

If this is the confessional thread, I have to join. Our four Buff Orps have been crossing their little legs and withholding the goods from us for many weeks now. Maybe one egg every two days, between the FOUR of them!

So we have had to.....(choke, cough)..... buy ..........storebought eggs. We had to wear wigs and sunglasses so nobody would know it was us, the people who brag incessantly about their golden girls's eggs. I'm thinking of getting therapy.

OMG, I do not hear this.
rant.gif
If my girls don't give eggs, we don't eat any eggs. It's as simple as that. My eggs are the only eggs I trust. Yucko to supermarket eggs.
sickbyc.gif
I am fortunate enough that I have enough variety in ages that we always have somebody laying. Whew!

Jody

Quote:
I didn't buy eggs for at least a couple months while waiting for my girls to lay eggs. The thing was... if we have no eggs, I don't make bread, cookies, french toast, pancakes, etc. That is hard enough that I had to break down and buy some free-range, organic eggs. At least that should be better than regular store-bought.

$4.00 huh?

I just sold 18 yesterday for $4. course they were only medium in size but they are free range eggs & very fresh. Getting 9 a day from 9 sex links that are about 21 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom