12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
It was day 25 today. I had 2 chicks and one was piping since yesterday. My DH wanted me to help it yesterday but I was strong and said I would give it until this morning. My hands are still shaking. It didn’t make any progress since yesterday and you could tell the membrane was very white and dry. I got my bowl of water, and I could not find and Q-tips so I used T-paper and wrapped it up in a wash cloth. I started braking off little pieces at a time. I went around where I could see it wasn’t stuck on the chick and I left a little bit where it was trying to push and cracked that part. I put it back in the bator for it to do the rest. She is still not out but I will wait because it is breathing good. I guess it after an hour I will try and help again. Did I do ok or should I have waited longer? Thank God I found BYC or I don’t know what would have happened.

I think you did good! The hard part is knowing when to help and not jumping the gun and helping too soon.

We also want to see pctures, please!
Ok, I want to get pictures of them all together. I tried to put the second one ( Ben my DH calls It) in that hatched but the one that was a day older ( churpy my son calles it) was picking at it. I didn't want the second one that was born to get hurt so I separated them. I'm calling the third one Susie Q. OH my goodness we named our chicks. LOL
Well it's been over an hour and I can hear it peeping and see it moving but no progress. I'm going to try and take some more off. Wish me luck.

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom