I hatched 2 Bielefelder eggs out of 12 I bought on eBay and I do not think they are pure Bielefelders.

JoCoKS

Chirping
May 13, 2019
I am posting the pictures of two baby chicks I hatched that are suppose to be Bielefelders and I feel they are not the pure breed because of their rather white color. I have hatch Bielefelder eggs before and they all looked like the pictures you can find on the Internet. Also are they male or female? I have hatch a few brown looking hens and I was hoping for a rooster this time, the person who sold me the eggs besides insisting they are Bielefelders claims they are roosters. Please look them over and give me your opinions.
IF they are not Bielefelder chicks what should I do with them. I will not consider culling them since I cannot kill anything.

Attachments

• WHITE CHICKENS 3 (2).jpg
    WHITE CHICKENS 3 (2).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 13
  • WHITE CHICKENS 3 (3).jpg
    WHITE CHICKENS 3 (3).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 12
I agree, male Bielefelders. Males are lighter in color than females. As for what you should do with them, that’s up to you. Do you want roosters? If not, post them on Craigslist or something similar. I easily sold day old male Bielefelders for $10. In fact, people were asking if I had more:th

What state did you buy your Bielefelder eggs from?
I got some from Missouri and the idiot put most of them pointy end up. :mad: Needless to say 3 hatched and then one died. I got some great ones from Minnesota, but only 1 female!!! :barnie
So I gave up and spent a fortune and ordered 7 females from Cackle Hatchery. They are coming on Thursday.

Yeah I looked at some pics online, (I was on mobile earlier and it was hard to tell) and I agree with everyone else. Here are two male Bielefelder chicks I found online for comparison. They look almost identical, yours are a bit orangier. Sorry you didn't get any females.
Screenshot_2020-04-21-14-31-11.png

What state did you buy your Bielefelder eggs from?
I got some from Missouri and the idiot put most of them pointy end up. :mad: Needless to say 3 hatched and then one died. I got some great ones from Minnesota, but only 1 female!!! :barnie
So I gave up and spent a fortune and ordered 7 females from Cackle Hatchery. They are coming on Thursday.
Aw! That's so frustrating, sorry. Good luck with your new babies!

Back
Top Bottom