1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I hate moving chicks out of the house

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ladycat, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ladycat

ladycat Chillin' With My Peeps

I just moved my latest batch of chicks from the cardboard box in the house to the chick cage in the garage.

Now I have no chicks that I can go cuddle anytime I want to. Especially the one little red one that was always wanting me to pick him up.

*sigh*

2. OreoPlymothRock

OreoPlymothRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Florida
    That is so nice, instead of moving them outside so soon, you just put them in your garage.[​IMG]

3. tlcarnes2176

tlcarnes2176 Chillin' With My Peeps

I just moved mine to the outside coop from the porch. I miss loving mine all the time since they aren't as close to me. I just make it a point to go out there several times a day and hold/love on them. [​IMG]

4. jdoane

jdoane Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2013
    Western Massachusetts
    So glad I'm not the only one! Mine have been in the coop and run for a week and a half. I still go out and visit with them multiple times a day. But they're so happy running around it's hard to catch them to cuddle them. Still make a point of handling them as much as possible and sit and watch them frolicking! What do we do when its too cold to visit with them? :tongue

5. ladycat

ladycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, mine go from the house, to the garage, and then to an outside coop, and then after they get used to seeing the outside from the coop, AND the older chickens get used to seeing them through the mesh of the coop, only then will I turn them out to roam. The whole process takes 3 to 4 months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by