I Hate My Glasses!

littlefork

Songster
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
We just got our new glasses in January and I am having the hardest time getting adjusted to these glasses. I got two pair, one for distance and one for reading. By the end of the day I have a stiff neck, my eyes ache and my head hurts from the reading glasses. Anyone else have this problem? We were setting plywood over the vinyl in the kitchen so we can redo the floor and everytime I would lean over the glasses slip and I'd have to punch myself in the nose, then I have to readjust to see clearly, then they slip again. Sick of this.

Sounds like they need adjusting your optician should do it for free. I'm waiting for my new pairs to arrive I'm stuck with one pair with scratched lenses and one with sticky tape holding them together as my 1 & 2 year old decided to play with them.
I with laser surgery was cheaper
roll.png

I get mine from zennioptical. I've got three pair so far and only one didn't fit quite right. No big deal though because they are so cheap. The first pair I got was the cheapest they had and they fit good and I could see out of them good. They lasted for a couple of years until I dropped them and stepped on them.
hmm.png
I was out all of $13.00 including shipping on that deal. I will buy from them again. I scratch the lenses up so fast that I can't see the point in paying several hundred dollars for a set of glasses.

http://www.zennioptical.com/#

Quote:
Once you switch to progressive lenses or trifocals the laser surgery is cheaper. My glasses are usually about 350-500 since I don't use single lens anymore. I hate glasses but they say my eyes aren't good candidates for laser surgery.

I was an Optician for many years. A few things:

1. Make sure you are only using the reading glasses for things closer than arms' length. Anything more than 23 inches away max is too far.

2. Try not to look up, at a distance while wearing the glasses. That is, don't look around the room or at other people through the reading glasses. This will cause headaches and eye strain, because your eyes are trying to adjust to an improper distance. Either slide them down your nose and look over them, or take them off when looking up from a book or close work.

3. Go back to the optician and have them adjust your glasses. They should never slide off your face. It's a simple adjustment and free, but don't do it yourself.

4. Are the distance glasses bothering you too? How do they feel? Do they feel tight on your head? If they are too tight, this can cause headaches.

5. You shouldn't be wearing the reading glasses to work on the floor. That's too distant. If you feel the need for improved vision at this distance, then ask your Optician about "intermittent" length glasses. It's slightly weaker than a reading prescription and meant for tasks just beyond the recommended reading distance.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom