1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I HATE my own CAT!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Baymule, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I am seriously sick and tired of cat crap in my garden. There is lots of dirt, but noooooo, she has to pile up poop in my garden. HEY cat-crapper, we EAT out of that garden. [​IMG] My DH and I put up a PVC redneck green house Thanksgiving day in the front yard over the purtiest tomatoes you ever saw (especially in late November, LOL) and tonight with a hard freeze looming, I bought a heater and outdoor extension cord. I had to move the bricks off the plastic on one side and lay on the sidewalk to get it in there. I put in a piece of plywood and a couple of bricks to set the heater on. When I groped around behind me for the heater, yup, I stuck my fingers right into a fresh pile of CAT-CRAP! [​IMG] My DH likes this cat, she was a stray that came up after hurricane Rita 5 years ago and she is a sweet cat. But I really think I could put her in a pet carrier and carry her to a trash can full of water for swimming lessons.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I suppose you could Craig's list her or find a pet shelter that might take her.

We just don't cull cats and dogs like we do chickens.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Cats are useless, my chickens catch mice. I'll never have a cat. Can't stand them.

5. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Solution: move the cat indoors where it belongs, or find someone who will actually take care of it.

6. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Please do not drown her because she likes to poop in your garden. Why do you not keep her indoors if it is a problem? I fail to understand your reasoning here. Find her a new home or keep her in the house. I do not like this post.

7. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Bring her indoors and provide her a litter box.

8. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Sigh... I could never really hurt her..... I just had to vent. I will say that I won't miss her pooping in the garden when she goes to that cathouse in the sky. Of all the animal poop in the world, I hate cat crap the worst. I like cats, they are good companions and good pets. They are just not my favorite.

9. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Seriously, she has no idea where it is you want her to poop. Try placing a litter box somewhere around the back porch and see if she'll use it.

10. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    aww, I get your angry right now and needed to rant (we're good listeners) and i know ya aint serious about drowning the cat.... any chance someone wants her, or are there kinds of fences that can be put around gardens to discourage cat entrance?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by