I HATE pullet eggs!!

You can freeze them, too. Open them up, mix in sugar or salt, and voila! (You need sugar or salt or the texture will go funky when you defrost, or so I've heard. You could freeze the smaller eggs in ice cube trays for easy cooking later on.)

When I have pullet eggs I just sell them at a reduced price. Like others were saying, I sell 18 pullet eggs for the price of 12 large eggs. I would often sell out on the pullet eggs before the large eggs!
smile.png

BTW, that's a really pretty collection of eggs!
big_smile.png

In my opinion, pullet eggs are the perfect eggs to pickle. I think they would be fine to sale, you just have to market them right. Market them as eggs for pickling or, like someone else said, reduced cholesterol, eggs.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
.great idea---some times the answer is right in front of you and you don't see it--
he.gif
---next jar of our home made pickled beets is going to have some hard boiled eggs dumped in the brine--
droolin.gif
--good eating

Random note: In some circles of culinary arts, pullet eggs are actually sought after. It's rumoured they are the sweetest and most delectable of all chicken eggs and since chickens don't lay them long, very rare and hard to come by.

Mark them as such and sell them for more!! hahaha bet it works, too.

I have a small contingent of "customers" (I'm backyard scale). I have actually had a few people get really excited about pullet eggs. Mostly people who had relatives with farms growing up and fondly recall that their mothers/grandmothers loved baking with them when they could get their hands on them. I give fair warning to them that they do have higher incidence of blood spots, but most of them have told me they don't actually care. So if they're cool with it, I am.

Back
Top Bottom