i hate racoons

I think the peanut butter is a fabulous idea....I use it for mice and rat traps...always works. I believe in the same tactics as the raccoon uses...sneaky. Try putting a gab of gorilla glue on your bait...make the coon work for it.

I had an oppossum scare a week ago where it climbed into my coop through the tree and up into the coop latter. The chickens kicked the oppossums butt the whole 2 seconds he was there and my dogs came after to help back up the chickens. I have a security camera pointed at the chicken coop that has night vision so i know if anything bothers my girls. I can also trace to see how the predator got into the coop. The chickens were sure edgy for the next few days, and I could no longer wear my chicken slippers out in the yard anymore because they'd attack them). I think they know we were trying to help so it was a bonding experience for us all.

By the way putting chickens back into their coop at night can be a pain. 2 people and a flashlight is preferable!

the lifesaver:
http://tamanaka.com/MainGallery/ImageAndCaption.aspx?ImgID=139

Oh.. We also redesigned the latter to be a series of posts that the chickens hop on to get progressively higher until they are in the coop. This will keep the 5 foot high entrance even harder to get to.

Back
Top Bottom