I HATE TICKS!!!!

Hi Sundance--my folks live in Mt. Juliet....my DH can attest to middle TN's tick problem. About 20 years ago, he mowed the grass for my parents and got a tick on him. It wasn't until he showered that he found the tick and told me about it. He didn't think anything else about it during the drive back to east TN until he started complaining about muscle aches. "Uh oh, not Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever!", I thought.

I called the dr's office and the nurse had the gall to argue with me about how it isn't possible that DH could have RMSF. By this time, he was running a fever. Sure enough, the doctor confirmed the diagnosis. To this day, thinking about ticks makes DH start itching.

In case anybody reading this is unfamiliar of the symptoms look here:
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/rocky.html
Stephanie

That was an interesting link! I had no idea RMSF was spread by plain old brown dog ticks down here! I thought we were exempt, not being in the Rocky Mountain area! AAAGGH!
We use advantage on the dog, but he still had a tick on his head the other day, and I had to pull it off. That was so gross.

Reading all these posts about ticks, I just had to share a "tick story" with everyone. I grew up in Pennsylvania and we had our share of ticks. They would get on the dogs and sometimes the full of blood ones would fall off.
One day my Dad was sitting in the kitchen eating grapes. After he finished, he got up to put the bowl in the dish and saw a grape on the kitchen floor. He bent down and picked it up and popped it into his mouth. Bit down and pop...a salty taste. He spit it out in the sink and lo and behold what did he see but a big, old burst tick...
ep.gif

I have a gross story about a tick.....I had found one on me so I taped it to a piece of paper because I thought you should save it in case you get sick. Well, a week later I looked at it and wondered if it was still alive. I cut the tape and sure enough....that thing was still alive after being completely taped over to a piece of paper.....yikes

I have to say though....the grape off the floor story made my tummy sqeeze!!
tink:)

MayberrySaint...
That is really, really, really gross!! I think I would have died if that happened to me...then again I don't eat food off the floor.... LOL

Back
Top Bottom