I hate waiting!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Blisschick, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    You would think that like wisdom, patience would come with age. PFFFFFTTTT!![​IMG]

I have babies due to hatch Friday, and I'm all antsy about it. I want my babies out so I can cuddle them!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's so sad...Silkies' power extends even beyond the shell! [​IMG]

2. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    Silkies Totally have me hooked on their sweet fluffyness.

We will have to keep this updated because I to have buff silkie eggs that should hatch on Friday night.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS!
    [​IMG]

And ya all know pictures are a must.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  3. Patience? What's that?
    I have a bunch of eggs in the hatcher --- not really due til tomorrow. About half of them are hatched already and I'm so ready for the rest to pop.
    I see some green eggs have hatched the nicest little Silkie-looking chicks!

Good luck with your bunch and hang in there til Fri!

Lisa

4. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I have 3 of Jeni's eggs -- 1 cuckoo, 1 buff, and 1 white, then a NN and two BLRW. Not a lot, but enough to make me happy! Then next week, I'll have 6 more silkies--mostly black--and 6 cochin frizzles. They all get to live in the house until March. My hubby will be so pleased! [​IMG]

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Mine just went in the bator, I glad it is Christmas and I have a million things to do. It keeps me from checking them 4,000,000,000,000,000,000 time a day.

6. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I have some silkies ready to hatch any day now too. I thing tomorrow morning is day 21. I have to remember to put the time that I set them so I can do better. I think I am going to keep a log starting this spring. I had a good hatch from Lisa a week ago. My eggs didnt hatch worth a s%^t.[​IMG] I have discovered the other reason you dont hatch eggs in the winter in Iowa, I couldnt keep the humidity up in my LG bator. I have the silkies transfered in to a lyon tx6. I am not sure what I think about it yet, it seems so small. I was able to get 5 out of 20 to hatch.. Lisa, just love the green egged silkie!!! I will take a bunch more in a couple months!!!! It is turning out to be SOOOOO FLUFFY!! I had to laugh yesterday when I put the 5 I hatched out the day before in with the week olds. They piled into the far corner like the new babies were going to eat them..lol One of my day olds is as big as a few of the silkies and a couple of the NN. I am pretty sure it is a buff orp cross. Hope you have a wonderful hatch, it is sooo nerver breaking. Jenn

7. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    I am impatient as well.......
    I just hatched 12 cuties....and now onto the next which will probably arrive the 1st week of Jan!!!
    So EXCITED!!!
    HOw can anyone contain themselves. LOL
    [​IMG]

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

lkcove, its funny you posted that about adding the new ones to the 10 day olds. I just did the same thing. Had a BO hatch last night....and tonight put (HER) in with the 10 day old Langshans. They freaked out, ran to the corner, and piled up, running from the new baby. All She wants is to get under them, for warmth! LOL She has been in there for a few hours now, and everyone seems to be settling down a bit...whew!

9. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    YIPPI its getting closer.
    I took my eggs out of the turner.
    I have 10 shipped buff eggs and 4 of my eggs.
    I hope they all hatch.

10. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    At least you only have to wait until this Friday - I have to wait until next Friday for my blue orps and ameraucanas to hatch. Good luck! Patience... what's that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by