I have 2 pekin males and went to let them out and one has passed away. what do i need to do for the

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jenniferlynn, Feb 21, 2017.

1. jenniferlynn

jenniferlynn New Egg

Apr 10, 2014
    Cooper and Jaxx will be 3 in April. I knew cooper wasnt feeling well he always had something wrong with his feet or legs and was on antibiotics and magnesium pills. I noticed he had diarrhea and took him to the vet and a sample of his fecal. His fecal came back negative that nothing was wrong no parasites or any issues with his intestines or liver. I has noticed he was lighter in weight and last night before bed he was swimming with his mouth open and not acting as crazy as he normally does. This morning i went to let them out and coopie was laying there on his back not breathing so I let the other one out and went inside and cried my eyes out. now that im somewhat calmer i am not sure how to treat Jaxx now that he is alone. They only been apart 4 hours in there entire life i had them since they were 3 days old. Is there something special i should be doing with him? please help I feel terrible for him.

2. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

How sad for you.......Start looking for another friend for him.....He will mourn and look for his buddy....It will be sad for a week......

Best wishes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by