I have 3 RIRs and I'm hoping 1 is a roo, please help!!

Lmjc

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 11, 2012
Okay, I have 3 RIRs and out of the three they have 2 that look different. One of the 2 has a more red comb and is normal sized, the other 1 out of the 2 odd ones is a chick that is biggest and has a big comb but isn't that red at all... Here's a video please watch it, and if you can't watch it, make a photobucket, it takes a few seconds, and once you make one then watch it * only make a photo bucket if you can't watch the video*. http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums...A7EB07B0-116-000000012AA77649_zps1888bbe6.mp4

Oh! And pm me if you want to talk to me about or ask questions to me about the chicks, thanks and have a great day :)

That would mean I'd have 3 roosters in a pen with 3 hens is that bad?

I appreciate your being so nice :) and sticking with me through my unknowingness about the sexes of my chicks :)

it's to soon to tell. i would wait till they are at least 10 weeks for a better guess and to be sure again at 17 weeks and by this age their saddles and hackles should be developed into either a pullets or a cockerel.

as for the other question best ratio is 1 cock per 6 hens but i do trios (1 cock to 2 hens) some say 10 is the min for one cock.

Back
Top Bottom