1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have 3 viable babies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by robbinsroost, Jan 27, 2011.

1. robbinsroost

robbinsroost Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2009
    Mooresville
    My first hatch i have 1 book that says turn to 14 days other book says to 18 please help

2. donsmit5

donsmit5 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2010
    You turn to day 18, then lockdown.

3. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Quote:If they just chicken eggs then yes... 18 days and then put them in lockdown in which you do not touch the eggs or open the bator until after the chicks hatch! [​IMG] Sending hatching vibes your way!

Goddess [​IMG]

4. Cavendish Chickens

Cavendish Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Summit County, Ohio
    You turn the eggs at least twice a day (keep bigger egg end up higher). Heat should be around 101.5, humidity 60-65%. This is from day one to day 18. On day 19, raise the humidity to 80-85% and don't touch anything. No more turning the eggs. Keep an eye on the temp because it will fluctuate the last couple days before hatching. Make sure you are not touching the eggs with bare hands, unless you can't help it. Your hands carry oils and germs that can affect the eggs and development. Day 21 will be hatch day, so my advice there would be to make sure you're home so you don't miss it! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by