I have 6 chickens, all different breeds, and only 2 are laying eggs

Noles8588

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2018
I have six birds, all 5 months old. The Leghorn and the Silver Campine are both laying eggs almost daily for about 3 weeks. The Australorp, Silver Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red and the Dominique have not started producing eggs yet. The only reason I can figure out which ones are laying the eggs is because all the eggs I’ve gotten so far are white eggs and the other 4 are supposed to lay brown eggs. Should I be concerned that the others are not laying eggs yet, or does it just take different breeds longer to produce eggs than others. I appreciate any advice or information. Thank you

I have six birds, all 5 months old. The Leghorn and the Silver Campine are both laying eggs almost daily for about 3 weeks. The Australorp, Silver Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red and the Dominique have not started producing eggs yet. The only reason I can figure out which ones are laying the eggs is because all the eggs I’ve gotten so far are white eggs and the other 4 are supposed to lay brown eggs. Should I be concerned that the others are not laying eggs yet, or does it just take different breeds longer to produce eggs than others. I appreciate any advice or information. Thank you
Patience:D

Back
Top Bottom